Monday, August 29, 2011

Health Revisited

I started this blog several years ago during a successful attempt to lose 40 lbs. I ended up losing 60 lbs and finally got to see six-pack abs, a life-long dream. Sadly, over time, I gained a lot of it back. It's a common story, but that doesn't make it any better. I never completely lost all of the good habits I learned. It started with a lack of consistency. Then, I ignored my good eating habits almost entirely, and when I remembered them, I seemed to have a special event every week that justified over indulgence. I'm writing this to myself. I doubt 20 people will ever come to this blog and read it. I hope I will be one of them.

This is a message to my future self. "Hey dumbass! Yes, you-- the guy typing this. When you get fat, you look like a slob and your health suffers terribly. Your blood pressure goes up and your back starts to ache. And now that you're older, your blood sugar is starting to creep up. Get back on path!"

Okay, I'm back on path.
Cartoon from this link

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really, it;s a very good work. Keep writing this type of excellent articles. Thanks....

Muscle Maximizer download